Friday, January 24, 2014

Wedding Cards

Recently, I had to make some wedding cards for friends and these are the designs that I came up with.




This box card was based on an idea from a recent SplitCoast Stampers tutorial. It is a great card for a special occasion as it folds down flat for posting, then opens up and sits like a box for display!









This card was designed using SCAL2 and cut with the Cricut. I chose the font for the letters then made the background using the shadow feature. The card itself was designed by joining two identical pieces (one flipped to join its corresponding letter) and welding the pieces together in the software. I then made various layers for the letters. They are all cut from the same card and I used antique linen distress ink on the edges to make them stand out. I embossed the background layer with the swiss dots embossing folder. Added flowers and the die cut leaves for added interest.




For this card, I used a design from Penny Duncan Creations for the base card. The hearts were done using SCAL2 and cut with the Cricut. I used the pen tool in the Cricut to write the initials on the hearts.





My daughter was invited to the wedding of her next door neighbours recently and I did this card for her to give them. I used the Weddings cartridge and the Cricut Craft Room to cut the figures out. The backgrounds are die cut and layered onto a base card. The hearts in the corners were peel off stickers and I added some gold Smooch to highlight them.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: